Dermatology Case Study

To Whom It May Concern,

I am sending you this registered letter so that I have legally discharged to you my responsibility in regard to the skin cancer which we discussed on your last visit.  My office manager advises me that you are currently trying to arrange some sort of insurance coverage.

It is my obligation to advise you clearly that this tumor is a cancer, that it should be treated promptly, in my opinion within the next 4 to 6 weeks.  I have already discussed with you at length the treatment which I feel is appropriate, that is, excision under frozen control and closure with an advancement flap.  Delay in having this done can result in a less satisfactory cosmetic result, greater expense, and if it is delayed long enough, could result in a tumor which becomes unresectable and could lead to severe disfigurement, and in very rare cases these tumors have, when uncontrolled, resulted in a patient’s death.

I therefore have an obligation to urge you to seek prompt treatment in regard to this lesion.

Very truly yours,

Name.

FOOTNOTE
Line 13.  The physician who dictated this letter originally addressed it To Whom It May Concern because it was to be sent to an insurance company by the patient.  Out of context, it appears to be an instruction error.  Therefore, it would be acceptable for the transcriptionist to supply a different salutation.
Line 23.  The dictated word and was deleted to shorten the sentence.
Line 23.  Alternative:  4-6 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is earth special???

Our planet known as earth is very special and it has a special spot in solar system. There are so many reasons - -Sprawling continents -B...